REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016
SUMMER PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE!
The 4-week Summer Session, based on the popular 5-month “mind, body and spirit” program, welcomes participants ages 16-30. The program begins on July 3rd 2016 and will run through July 30th, 2016. The program focuses on not only on martial arts but on Israel’s beauty. We have exciting beach training on the shores of the Mediterranean. NO MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO JOIN!
The program focuses on martial arts with intensive trainings in Krav Maga, Judo and Karate. You will have the opportunity to learn and sharpen your martial arts skills while getting to the peak of physical fitness and mental discipline. This program takes place in an Israel- loving framework where you will meet and train with young adults from all over the world. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the history, people and culture as they experience Israel with Budokan.
All programs have been designed to suit a wide range of skill levels and abilities from beginners to more advanced students.
This unique 4-week journey includes:
- Intensive trainings in Krav Maga, Judo and Karate
- World-class instruction by Olympic Coaches and Martial Arts Champions
- Challenging and Fun Beach Fitness program
- Touring and experiencing the magnificent Israeli landscape
- Hebrew language classes (Ulpan)
- History course on Jewish and Israeli heroes
- Hiking and outdoor adventures across Israel’s beautiful nature trails
- Social outings and introduction to Israeli culture
- Volunteer opportunities
- A fun and international group of friends to support you through your life-changing adventure!
- Accommodations centrally located in Kfar Saba
- Three Kosher Meals a Day
Airfare is not included in the program fee.
The total tuition fee including all expenses (not including airfare) is $5,600.
There is non-refundable deposit of $875 which can be paid on line. This will reserve your spot in the program. The remainder of the payment can be made by bank transfer.
Meet the Director of Budokan
- You will have the opportunity to learn from Olympic athletes and coaches, instructors that train elite soldiers in the Israeli army and learn from internationally recognized Martial Arts Masters.
- Master Yonah Melnik, Chief Krav Maga Instructor for the IDF, world-renowned Judoka, 8th Dan, winner of 14 National Championships and judo champion in the Maccabiah Games of 1973 and 1977, participant in 10 European and 2 World Championships, and a member of the Israeli Olympic teams in 1976 and 1980
In order to complete the registration process, please note the following steps:
- 1) If you have not completed our online application, please do so.
- 2) Please provide us with a medical form. Participants must fill out a Budokan medical form signed by their physician.
- 3) We will schedule a Skype chat/personal interview with you at your nearest convenience. Please suggest a convenient time and I will accommodate you.
- 4) The total tuition fee including all expenses (not including airfare) is $5,600. We kindly request that you make a down payment to confirm your place. Payment to be made by bank transfer.
- 5) Each Budokan participant will receive an Acceptance Letter to the program accompanied by an Orientation Letter & Suggested Packing List.
- 6) As we near the program, please provide us with all flight and arrival details so that we can arrange for your pick-up at Ben Gurion Airport.
- Intensive daily trainings in Krav Maga, Judo and Karate.
- Regular fitness instruction including beach trainings and guided gym workouts.
- Hebrew language (Ulpan) classes taught by accredited Hebrew teachers .
- Hands-on history course on Jewish and Israeli Heroes.
- Exploring Israel across the country including both tourist and historical/religious sites.
- Special fitness-focused trips including "Desert Experience" week and hikes across Israel's beautiful nature trails.
- Accommodations and 3 Kosher meals a day