Volunteering on a kibbutz is a tradition that thousands of adventurers from all over the world have undertaken from the founding of Israel until today. Participants must be between 19 and 35 years old. Volunteer opportunities range from two and a half to six months. The cost of the program is $690, which includes a $360 non-refundable registration fee and a $330 program fee. These fees cover health insurance and visa application costs. While working on kibbutz, volunteers are provided with room, board, and a small amount of pocket money.
As a Kibbutz Volunteer, you will be placed on one of approximately 30 kibbutzim throughout Israel. You receive your placement once you are in Israel. We cannot provide a list of participating kibbutzim at any point as placement is handled by the office in Israel.
For more information, see our Application Process and Forms tab and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) tab below.
American and Canadian citizens should contact the Kibbutz Program Center in New York should register on this website or email email@example.com. Others should contact the Kibbutz Program Center in Israel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet volunteers from all over the world
- Cheap, simple way to spend time in Israel
- A real taste of kibbutz and Israeli life
- Now accepting Kibbutz Volunteers at age 19!
You can begin volunteering ANY TIME YOU WOULD LIKE but:
- Your paperwork and payment must be complete and in our hands by the 10th of the month before you plan to arrive in Israel. Otherwise, we will not have enough time to process your visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least a year after your planned arrival date in Israel.
- Space is LIMITED and applications are considered on a first come first serve basis.
To complete your application process, please submit the follow items:
- Application – Click the Register Now Button
- Registration Fee – Chose Registration Fee and click Make a Payment
- Medical Form – Signed by you and signed AND stamped by your doctor
- Appendix to the Medical Form
- Volunteer Declaration
- 2 Letters of Recommendation/Character References
- A Photocopy of Your Passport – Picture must be visible and text must be legible
- Interview – Conducted after All Forms are Received
The follow forms are available online:Kibbutz Volunteering Application Kibbutz Volunteering Medical Form
Kibbutz Volunteering Information
Popular Questions and Answers for the Kibbutz Program Center
How do I apply?
On the application, how do I answer: Name of Kibbutz representative and agency?
What is this Medical certificate that you ask for?
Once I arrive in Israel, how do I get to your office in Tel Aviv from the airport?
Can you recommend a nice hostel?
Can situations occur where I won’t have a kibbutz to go to straight away?
Can I know which kibbutz I will go to before I leave my country for Israel?
Can I choose my work?
• The Kibbutz is like no other place in Israel . . . actually it is like no other place in the world! Becoming a part of the community was life changing. Long live the Kibbutz! -Alex, Michigan